We owe a big thanks to the Miles & Points we have accumulated for allowing us to travel the world for much less than we could have ever expected. Here is a brief overview of how to we went about it…
In order to collect miles & points from credit card sign up bonuses you need to:
- Understand credit scores (by the DoctorOfCredit)
- keep an eye on your credit report & have a general idea of your score w/ CreditKarma
- understand that THIS IS NOT FOR EVERYONE, a warning from The Churning Community
- ok you’ve been warned, but don’t be intimidated!
now for the inspirational fun stuff:
- the first site i read about this hobby & the trip reports that got me hooked, MillionMileSecrets
- Loophole Travel’s Hawaiian First Class Trip report
- Million Miles Secret’s Kauai Trip Report
- Siobhan & i booked a One Way ticket to Rome for a total of 40,000 American Airlines points + $22 in taxes. earned from just one! Citi AAdvantage Sign up bonus.
- hopefully we’ll have more post to share on here to inspire you to get lost at last ❤
Here are some Guides to better understand Miles & Points and where to begin, they are redundant, but good write ups none the less:
- loopholetravel has a great starting point
- Freakin Flyers: Beginners
- One Mile at a Time’s post: What’s the Point?
- MillionMileSecrets again because after all that is where i started
- there are countless blogs about this, some more popular than others. these are just a few that i think give great outlines.
now you’re into Miles & Points! here are some GREAT RESOURCES to help you along the way:
- Travelisfree.com has all the expert guides to award bookings
- the Churning Wiki for a glossary and other FAQ
- REDDIT! / CHURNING! just poke around & read
- DoctorOfCredit.com because he is the man
- welltraveledmile.com for staying up to date
ps: if you interested in utilizing miles & points for travel please read as much as you can. There are countless blogs on the subject. The more you are well versed the better you can plan to take advantage of your next adventure. Though if a simple week long trip to Hawaii is all you’d like “Millionmilesecret’s Kauai trip report” is all you need 😉 ❤